Brexit and Sending Mail to the EU
Customs Please Note that as of January 1st 2021 the UK has left the EU and the EU Economic Area.
Therefore new customs arrangements are now in place.
We have no logistical problems in sending goods/items to the EU.
All our Couriers are still sending to the EU and our shipments are continuing to be delivered in a timely fashion and usually within 7 working days after dispatch.
However European Customers must be aware of the following..
- Customs clearance charges and fees may be payable on items/goods (excluding personal correspondence) entering the destination country including the EU from the UK. These depend on the contents’ value. You will need to decide how the recipient will pay these as the parcel won’t be released until payment has been received.
- Items sent to the EU from England, Scotland and Wales are subject VAT and duties in the EU. The value of goods thresholds are detailed below
- Items valued at under €22 will remain part of the Low Value Consignment Relief (LVCR) Scheme for items sent to the EU and are not subject to VAT or duties until 1 July 2021 (subject to further extension date to be set by the EU).
- Commercial items/goods (excluding personal correspondence) sent to the EU over €22 and below €150 may be taxed at the border and may incur a customs clearance/handling fee in the receiving country.
- Commercial items/goods sent to the EU over €150 may attract VAT, customs duties and a clearance/handling fee
- The customs authorities in the destination country and the customs thresholds in place determine if charges are due on imported goods.
- The levels and thresholds of charges vary from country to country. Fossils-UK.com cannot advise on what these may be. Please contact the embassy or customs authority of the destination country for help, either directly or via their websites.
- With the following in effect we no longer can accept returns from the EU. If you have any problems however contact us immediately and we can discuss the matter on a case by case basis.
Natural wonders ltd.